Friday, September 25, 2009

17 Weeks....


Weird, weird, weird dreams this week. I dreamt that the terminator was having my baby. LOL. It was a bit disturbing. Plus every other night I have been having just as crazy dreams that I can't really remember. My gums have also been bleeding everytime I brush. I look like a vamp who just bit someone. Along with that my veins in my chest are getting more visible. Not to attractive. I've felt the baby move so much more. The best part is that Joe finally felt those kicks too! It was on Wednesday. Three hard kicks! It brought tears to my eyes from the excitement. Today is our big ultrasound and I can not wait to see our lil babe on that screen! Hoping and praying that the lil babe is healthy as can be and hoping we also find out what we are having. I'll update as soon as I know. =)

According to http://www.i-am-pregnant.com/:

Your baby's weight has doubled in two weeks and now weighs about 3.5 ounces! The crown-to-rump length of your growing baby is 4.4 to 4.8 inches. If you spread your hand out opened wide, you can see about how big your baby is. Huge changes continue to take place within your developing baby. This week fat begins to form and will continue to do so until he is born. Fat is important to the body's heat production and metabolism. Right now, at 17 weeks, water makes up about 3 ounces and fat 0.018 ounces of your baby's body. In a baby at term, fat makes up about 5.25 pounds of the total average weight of 7.7 pounds. The placenta is continuing to grow at an amazing rate. The placenta will continue to develop in tandem with the fetus and it will weigh more than a pound at birth! By this week, the placenta is large and well established with a network of blood vessels that exchange nutrients and waste. The eyes are facing more forward. The ears are now close to their final position. Your baby is more flexible with ability to move head, mouth, lips, arms, wrists, hands, legs, feet, and toes. Fingerprints are forming now.


~Tomorrow we start week 18

1 comment:

  1. Ooh I'm so excited for you! Can't wait till your next installment to find out what your little water baby is!
    -April

    ReplyDelete