Friday, October 30, 2009

22 Weeks....

What a week. It started off ok. Tuesday I went to the doc's office. I stopped at the cemetery right before my appointment to change Mila's flowers and noticed all of her decorations were gone. I forgot the cemetery does a cleaning in October. It's ok though. I'll buy her more when I go next time. It just felt so good to be there with her with all of the fresh air. I love my time there with her as strange as that may sound. I said my see ya later and off I went to the hospital. The appointment went pretty good for the most part. A nurse came in and gave me a flu shot. They had just received a new batch of them so I was lucky they told me. I guess a lot of pregnant women there were coming down with the flu so it's a good thing I got the shot. The H1N1 shot wasn't available. They should be getting more next week so I'll try then when I go in for my ultrasound. I was highly against getting it at first but I quickly changed my mind. Well actually Joe changed my mind and I'm glad he did. Anything that I can do to keep my baby safe is what I will do. I don't want to take my chances. Too many people around me have been getting the swine flu and that's something that I do not want. So hopefully I'll get it next week.

My doctor was on vacation so her partner came in to see me. She was annoying. The way she was asking about Mila was just weird to me. She was missing a sensitivity chip. Whatever. I'm just glad she's not my doctor. Lil Joey's heart beat was 140. It sounds perfect. She found it right away. My next appointment is in 4 weeks. That's where we'll decide how we're going to monitor the rest of my pregnancy. It most likely means more visits and blood work taken to monitor my bile acid levels. I pray that they stay as normal as possible for as long as possible.

When I got home I started feeling a little sick and sure enough BAM! I was sick. I missed work two days. I didn't want to get the other pregnant mommy sick =) Ugh but I felt so horrible. That damn flu shot! It's ok though. I'm over it. I'm back to my routine. I stayed in bed for those two days and my God this baby moves so much more than I thought. He was non stop moving! But that's what I like to feel. A wonderful active baby!

According to http://www.i-am-pregnant.com/:

Your baby's crown-to-rump length is approximately 7.6 inches and your growing baby weighs about 12.25 ounces now! Your uterus is about 2 cm above your bellybutton. Your baby's body continues to grow and develop every day. The organ systems in your baby's body are becoming specialized for their particular functions. The fetal liver produces different enzymes than it will produce after delivery. The liver is responsible for breaking down billirubin, which is produced by the breaking down of blood cells. Because the life span of a fetal red blood cell is shorter than that of an adult, a fetus produces more billirubin than adults do. Billirubin passes from fetal blood to the placenta and then into your blood. Your liver helps get rid of fetal billirubin. A newborn baby that has high levels of billirubin may show signs of jaundice. Jaundiced babies have a yellowish tint to their eyes and skin and are often treated with phototherapy. Your baby's senses are developing daily. The fetus now has a full complement of neurons in the brain and is learning about her body and surroundings through touch. Touch is one of the first senses to mature and your baby may stroke its face or feel her arms and legs. Your blood volume has increased more to meet the demands of your pregnancy. Most of the increase is in the form of plasma, the liquid part of your blood. This has the ability to dilute your blood and give you physiological anemia, which occurs during pregnancy. The measure of blood dilution is called Hematocrit and the levels reach their lowest points this week. You should check with your doctor to make sure you are not developing more serious forms of anemia. Your baby now shows an extremely rapid brain growth (which lasts until five years after birth).

~Tomorrow we start week 23

Happy Halloween!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment