Friday, January 15, 2010

Week 33....

So here's the end of week 33. Longest week ever! I had to work 10.5 hours everyday. Oh yea, and while being sick might I add. I feel better now. I was just the beginning of a cold. It wasn't so bad. But Of course I got sick on my babyshower. I was trying not to get to close to people cuz I was hacking up a lung and that's pretty disgusting. Back to the babyshower though, I was so happy to see every single person who made it and cares for baby Joey and my family. We were extremely thankful! So thank you to the sisters who made this happen and put it all together! It was beautiful. Joe and I were overwhelmed with all of the gifts. They are very much appreciated. Now time to get those thank you card all written. That will be my project for the week.

We put the bassinet together that my love Tina B. got us and my God is it beautiful. We love it! Well Joe put it together and I supervised =P.Can't wait for Joey to test it out. We also put together the stroller that my brother and his wifey got us. We love it! I saw it online and saw that it had some of the best reviews on it. It looks way better in person. My mom was more excited than I was though cuz she can't wait to take her grandbaby on walks with her. We were going to "Dwight" test the stroller but decided against it. LOL.

So that leaves me now to my appointment and ultrasound from Tuesday. Everything went well. The baby is doing great but let me tell you that he didn't like being poked at all. He was kicking me so hard the whole time. My belly just kept making waves. Everyone in the room kept laughing at me. Of course when he usually moves like that, I try to soothe him by putting my hand over my belly.... not the best idea while getting an ultrasound. I kept getting my hand filled with goo. I did it like 3 times. gross. But overall everything went well with him and of course his hand was on his face the entire time. He really loves his hand =) His heart sounded fantastic at 160. And he weighs 4lbs. 15oz. exactly where he should be in the 50th percentile.

My sugar levels have been great so now I only have to poke my finger 9 times a week. Thank God because my poor lil fingers were getting sore. I also had some blood work done to check my bile acid levels. I had been itchy for the past couple of days so the Doc wanted to make sure they weren't rising. After that we discussed that from now on, every week that I have left, I will be having a NST (non stress test) after my doctors appointment to monitor the baby and have one more ultrasound before being induced. We were thinking at 38 weeks.

Well I got my test results back and my bile acid level actually increased to 10. It was a 7 at Christmas. Now 10 is borderline. Here's the breakdown, 1-10 is normal, at the start of 11 it's considered cholestasis, and anything higher than 20 is severe cholestasis. Now given my history the doctor decided to act on it now instead of waiting for my levels to rise, so he prescribed me urso to see if it will help. I feel pretty good about it. But now I wonder if they will induce me earlier. I started getting itchier these past couple of days, so now they will test me every week also to monitor my bile acid levels. For those that don't know what that is, look up cholestasis. I'm 1 out of a 1000 pregnancy's that have it. Lucky me right.

For the most part my anxiety level has been at a 6 from a scale of 1-10. I have Joe to thank for that. He keeps me sane. God I love him. I love everything about him. I thank God he is in my life everyday. Can't wait till the day we walk down that aisle.... that will be soon enough!

According to http://www.i-am-pregnant.com/:

Your baby weighs about 4.4 pounds at this point. The crown-to-rump length of your baby is approximately 12 inches and the total length is around 19.4 inches. Measuring from the top of your uterus to your bellybutton is 5.2 inches. Total weight gain at this point of pregnancy is usually 22 to 28 pounds. With the exception of crying, your baby is capable of doing everything that a newborn baby will do. Your baby is restricted now inside of the uterus, but still can kick and move. Your baby sleeps a lot of the time, just as newborn babies do. Your baby's eyes move in the manner of REM sleep and researchers believe that babies can dream vividly in uterus. When your baby is awake, she is listening, feeling and learning. There are billions of neurons in the brain that make trillions of connections. Your baby will probably have settled into the birth position by now and your caregiver can most likely tell which way your baby is presenting. If your baby were to be born now, the lungs would probably be strong enough to function properly, but your baby may still need extra care from specially trained doctors and nurses. Your baby's eyes open during alert times and close during sleep. The eye color is usually blue, regardless of the permanent color as pigmentation is not fully developed. The final formation of eye pigmentation requires exposure to light and usually happens a few weeks after birth.

No comments:

Post a Comment