Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Week 34....

Well I've been quite busy. Last week was a whirlwind of emotions for me. With Mila's Angelversary, it was mostly what I can think about, but I'll save that for another post for my babygirl.

The week started off ok. Lil Joey has been really bruising me up in there. All he seems to do now is stretch, and I mean really stretch out. It's painful but reassuring. At my doc appointment, everything went well. We did our first NST and of course Joey stopped moving once I sat on that recliner. I knew that would happen. He was so active for the doc but once that NST started.... nothing. So poor lil guy had to be buzzed to get moving. If felt like the nurse was about to shank me. Actually it really was like she was shanking me. Not painful at all, it was just her movements. But it did get the lil guy moving and he did great. Joe and I just sat back on the recliners they had in there which were sooooo comfortable that I was knocking out. Hearing lil Joey's heartbeating the entire time was soothing. When we were all done, we went to get some blood work to check my bile acid levels and off we went.

Thursday came along and I was a mess. The doctor called me really early with the results of my test. Well my bile acid levels doubled to a 20 since the prior week. I tried to stay as calm as possible talking to him but once I hung up and called Joe and I was a mess. It's not so bad actually but I can't help but worry. As much as everyone says not to worry, I can not help it. The doc upped my meds and we are inducing earlier now. Today we find out the exact date when we go in for our appointment. I haven't been feeling too too itchy all over like I did with Mila so I'm guessing I have the meds to thank for that.

All of last week I've had the worst nightmares too. So it's not helping me to relax. They all pretty much end the same. I'll spare the details of them. Don't want to go there right now. I'm just trying my hardest to stay as positive as I can and stress free but it's hard. But again I try for this lil miracle inside of me. Just thinking of him gets me by. Not too much longer until we meet face to face.

According to http://www.i-am-pregnant.com/:

Your baby's crown-to-rump length this week is approximately 12.8 inches and the total length is around 19.8 inches at this time. Your baby now weighs almost 5 pounds. From your bellybutton, it is about 5.6 inches to the top of your uterus. Measurements of your uterus vary from woman to woman. You should not worry if you do not measure the exact same as your pregnancy friends or family members as long as you are growing appropriately. When your uterus grows and gets larger at an appropriate rate, it shows that your baby is growing well inside of your uterus. Your baby's hair continues to get longer and thicker. Your baby's hair color probably is not going to be the same color from birth onwards, so you should expect it to change in color. Your baby is shedding most of lanugo, but the amount of vernix caseosa is increasing. Your baby is taking calcium from you to lay down lots of bone. Continue to take your prenatal vitamins and drink milk to ensure that you receive enough calcium. If you were to deliver your baby now, it would probably be called a pre-term infant instead of premature. The only difference is in the maturity, particularly lung maturity. A pre-term baby is less likely to need intensive care because its lungs have developed. Doctors can test lung maturity with an amniocentesis that checks levels of surfactant. The baby now rests on your uterus and is no longer floating. Fingernails now reach over the finger tips and the baby can scratch itself.

2 comments:

  1. I hope everything is going ok! It's now the end of March and you haven't posted in a couple months, just checking in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you and yes sorry Ive been out of the loop. I hope everything is well with you also =)

    ReplyDelete