Friday, August 14, 2009

11 Weeks....

So this is the end to week 11. It was a long week. I slept a whole lot again! I got to see my baby which was such a treat. I also started thinking a lot about my attitude or should I say frustration toward people (pregnancy mood swings i guess.) Overall I'd say it was a decent week. I'm having trouble finishing my dinners though. I get naucious half way through anything I eat. I'm really forcing it down to gain that weight the doc wants me to gain. I didn't feel like this with Mila which again is leading me to believe I'm having a boy. I actually dreamt again that I had a little boy last night. I will be surprised if I'm having a little girl. I guess we'll have to wait 5 more weeks to find out! Hopefully!

I've been getting frustrated with some people lately. I plan to change that. I just simply wont let them bother me! Easier said than done but it has to be done for mine and my baby's sake. I'm going to think positive! Anything annoying said to me or stupid, I'll just brush it off. I promise myself I won't talk bad about anybody. If i have something to say about them, I'll say it to their face as politely as possible. I'll try this the best I can. We'll see how this week goes. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Today we go for another ultrasound so I get to see this lil babe once again. I'll post ultrasound pics as soon as I hook up my scanner, if I can find the cords for it. I'll just have to get my lazy ass up to do it. ugh!

According to www.i-am-pregnant.com:

Your baby continues to grow and is now approximately the size of a large lime! The crown-to-rump length of your developing child is 1.75 to 2.4 inches. The weight of the fetus is approximately 8 grams at this point. The growth of your baby is phenomenal now and your baby's length will double in the next three weeks. The head is grossly out of proportion and is almost half of the baby's length.

This is the last week of the embryonic period. From now on, your baby will be called a fetus. Your baby's fingernails appear this week! External genitalia are beginning to show distinguishing features and the development of male or female will be complete in three weeks. The
placenta's blood vessels increase to provide your baby with the nutrients and oxygen he needs for continued growth. Your baby's ears are gradually moving from the neck towards the sides of his head. Inside of your baby's abdomen, the intestines are developing. Because the intestines are so large, some of them project into the umbilical cord and they will return to the abdomen within the next week or two.

At the size of a plumb, your baby is now able to swallow. The urinary system functions. The baby swallows and urinates the amniotic fluid and the fluid is continually replaced. The baby is kicking but the mother cannot feel it yet. All vital organs are formed and, for the most part, function normally. From now on, they will grow in size and efficiency. As a preparation for
breastfeeding, your baby now has learned to swallow. Babies swallow amniotic fluid in the uterus.

~Tomorrow is the start of week 12

No comments:

Post a Comment