Friday, August 28, 2009

13 Weeks....

Last day of week 13! Yay!!!! Time is not slowing down one bit. That's ok. I'm enjoying every bit of it. I have my bad days. I think I'm allowed to and it's healthier than keeping my emotions bottled up. I'm not one to just spill my feelings to make others feel awkward face to face. That's why I write here. Those who care to read can. And those who choose not to, that's ok too. I know I've contradicted myself before by saying I don't like to let my feelings out with strangers. Obviously this blog is open to all types of strangers, but I feel that if this can help some one else in any way by letting them into my process of healing, then it's well worth letting strangers into my life. That and those who know me but are scared of asking how I am or just want to know that I'm ok, well here you go. Here's a glimpse of how I'm doing and that I will be ok. Anyway....

I can't wait to feel my lil babe actually kick me hard enough so that daddy can feel. I know he can't wait either. That won't be for another couple of weeks though. I'm sure it'll go by fast. I'm feeling better. I have more energy. I'm definitely less crabby. That's always a good thing.

My mind is playing tricks on me. I dreamt of a baby girl twice now. Now I'm not to sure what to think we're having. I really really really hope we find out at our next ultrasound. It'll be a wonderful surprise either way. Things are going pretty well this week. Thanks to my loving fiance, this beautiful miracle growing inside of me, and my Mila who I know is with us always. I love my little family of 4....

According to www.i-am-pregnant.com:

There is a milky membrane that surrounds your baby. It is pierced by the umbilical cord and is made up of two layers, which are fused together. Your placenta provides most of the nutrients and oxygen that your baby needs. By this week, the placenta is well formed and ready to take over hormone manufacture from your ovaries. The placenta will produce progesterone and estriol. These hormones will be crucial in the maintenance of your pregnancy. Tissue that will form your baby's bones is being laid down, especially around the head and limbs. The nose and chin are becoming more prominent. Your baby's eyelids meet and fuse together and they will not open again for nearly four months. The eyes started out on the side of your baby's head and they are now moving closer together on the face. The ears come to lie in their normal position on the sides of the head. If examined outside of the womb, you will be able to distinguish male from female at this time. The sockets for all twenty teeth are formed in the gums, and vocal cords are beginning to form.

~Tomorrow we start week 14
Second trimester here we come!

No comments:

Post a Comment