Friday, August 7, 2009

10 weeks....


I wanted to give weekly updates of this pregnancy somewhat like I did with Mila. I regret that I erased all of my blogs from when I was pregnant with her. It was out of my control when I did that. I wasn't thinking straight. But who would in that situation right? Well I've been so lazy and have been doing pretty much nothing these past couple of weeks. Exhaustion has been kicking my ass. So far this pregnancy has been alot similar to Mila's. However, at the same time they are completely different. It's a completely different lil person inside of me. My second child! And for that, I am so greatful that God has blessed us once again. I feel lucky to know that we really don't have a problem getting pregnant. Once again this was a complete surprise. But one of the best I've ever had. We knew we wanted to have more kids but didn't think it would happen so soon.

So far in this tenth week everything has been going great. My ovary has been bothering me from time to time but no pain, so that's good news. I wake up every morning with a smile on my face just thinking that a lil baby is growing in my womb. It's an incredible feeling. I think it's safe to say that my mood swings have been in control for the most part. At least this week they have. It could be due to the fact that I've been sleeping all day long, all week long! I swear that I've felt this lil miracle move. I just know that I felt something swimming around in there. I know it wasn't just gas lol! Anyway, I pray for a healthy 6-7 months. I want to be able to take this lil babe home. But for now I'll be as patient as possible and as calm as possible. I've been trying to contain the amount of nervousness that I'm feeling. There's no need to stress the lil babe out so I try thinking about good thoughts. I'm aware of what could happen, but I won't let that ruin this pregnancy! This blessing!

And one more thing, as I know I keep babbling on, I've been really bothered by some people lately with the way they are acting as if this pregnancy is a "do-over." It really hurts my feelings when they don't acknowledge Mila. She was a real person and will continue to be for the rest of my life. Mila was my first child and will always be my first daughter. This little babe is my second. I just wanted to make that clear! I know most people just don't know how to act in these situations but if you're going to be in my life or comment about something in my life like my babies, then learn to be more considerate. These are two different pregnancies, two different souls!

Two different hearts that I love to pieces!

According to www.i-am-pregnant.com:
At this point of your pregnancy, the crown-to-rump length of your developing baby is 1.25 to 1.68 inches. It is now easier to tell how much the baby weighs since he is beginning to put on some weight. Your baby weighs approximately 5 grams and is the size of a small plum! The baby has grown an incredible amount during these past few weeks, but you still aren't showing too much yet.
This week is somewhat of a landmark for your developing baby. By now, your baby's complete body plan is laid down. Your baby will continue to develop and grow for the remainder of the pregnancy. The fingers and toes have separated and the tail has disappeared now. Your baby has taste and tooth buds at this point, which will continue to develop. The brain will continue to grow at an amazing rate and nearly a quarter of a million new neurons are produced every minute! The embryonic heart is completely developed. External genitalia are not apparent until next week, but a male's testes will already be producing testosterone.

~Tomorrow is the Start of week 11

No comments:

Post a Comment